All dogs and/or cats within the City of Fairfield Bay are required to have a city license. Failure to license your dog/and or cat can result in fines.
The Fairfield Bay Animal Shelter is operated by the City of Fairfield Bay. We work in cooperation with the Fairfield Bay Animal Protection League (APL). The purpose of the APL is to prevent animal cruelty by promoting enforcement of animal cruelty laws, humane education, and by maintaining our local Animal Shelter as a temporary refuge for lost, abandoned and unwanted cats and dogs from within the Fairfield
When adopting a cat, kitten, dog or puppy from our Shelter, the animal will have been neutered or spayed, vaccinated against rabies and adult dogs will have a heart worm test.
The shelter is always looking for Volunteers:
- Serve on the Board of Directors of the APL
- Walk Dogs
- Help socialize the Animals
- Transport Animals to and from local vet clinics
- Perform General Office Duties
- Do Laundry
The Fairfield Bay Animal Shelter is open Monday thru Friday 9:30-11:00 AM and 12:00 -3:00 PM. If you are looking to adopt or just want to check out the Shelter please call (501) 884-6417 to set up an appointment. Our ACO officers are not always at the Shelter so calling ahead will safe you time.
Adoption Fees for 2021:
- Canines: $75.00 (includes vetting)
- Felines: $55.00 (includes vetting)
- Senior to Senior Program: $0.00 (65 and older adopting senior dogs)
- Veteran Program: $0.00 (must have DD214)